Saturday, March 10, 2012

Oreo Birthday Celebration

Happy Birthday Oreo! This week Dan and I traveled to Los Angeles to celebrate the 100th birthday of the Oreo Cookie. Actually, it was a business trip of sorts for Dan - with lots of wonderful, fun benefits. I enjoyed having a three day vacation alone with my husband (what an unexpected blessing!) We haven't had that much time together in a long time.A beautiful sunset, with a beautiful kiss! (Thank you Joe for capturing a good shot, despite our goofing around.)On Monday night we got to hang out with Joe, Tina and Carinah. Although it was a school night, we enjoyed dinner out. The Audette/Pena crew brought us to a tasty Korean BBQ restaurant that was delicious. Carinah was very impressive with her chopsticks! It was special to spend time with them in California - so often they are making the trip to the East Coast to visit us.
Oh yes, we were Oreo VIPs.
Dan and I enjoying the party. The celebration was held at the Grove, and the special guests included Mario Lopez (I knew him from "Saved by the Bell", but he is also on "Extra"...) and Lady Antebellum. It was a fun party.
Oreo's birthday cake!
(This was the best picture I could get of the celebrities.) Dan and I also had a chance after the party to visit with our friends Justin, Emily and their baby Delia. All in all it was a fantastic trip. We are so grateful for it, and grateful for Granny Lou for watching the boys. They loved their special time with Granny!

No comments:

Post a Comment