For the last few weeks Dan, Benjamin and I have been enjoying the nicest time of year here in Texas. It is cool, sunny and still warm enough to go without jackets. We've also been enjoying preparing our home for the holidays; preparing for a visit with Uncle Joe and the Johnsons - Grammy, Grampy, Uncle Zach and Aunty Grace. Dan and I have been balancing parenting, school, Bible studies, friends - and marriage! It has been a wonderful and busy time. More than once (and probably not often enough) I've had to stop and remember Psalm 46:10. We might be busy right now, but we are joyful. We are enjoying the blessings of life the Lord has given us!
Just to update family and friends on what is going on with us right now...here is a snapshot. Dan is in the final stages of completing the first draft of his thesis. This is a major accomplishment, and means that he is in the final stages of his schooling here at Texas A&M. Dan does most of his work between the hours of 10pm - 2am. Meaning he spends quality time with Ben and I after he gets home at about 5pm from the other classes he is taking. Ben runs to the door when he hears Daddy coming home on his motorcycle - babbling, "Daddy, Cycle, Chair (seat), Helmet!" (I had to include that, I think it is the sweetest thing.)
Me? Besides being a full time wife and mother, I am slowly but surely working on my Nursing Degree. Which means that this semester I am taking a night class at a local junior college - Anatomy & Physiology I. It is the class where you have to memorize all the bones, muscles, nerves, etc. Anyway, I head out to class on Monday and Wednesday nights from 7pm - 10pm. So, it is the perfect time. I can still devote my day to my family, and get my schooling done.
Dan and I are involved in our own Bible studies during the week, we've been working on home improvements, and we've been enjoying each other and our little boy. Recently I convinced Dan to take family pictures on campus, and we had a fun time with each other and our friends Blake & Danielle. Here are a couple of our Aggie shots: (FYI - An Aggie is the Texas A&M alumni nickname and I am pretty sure it means "farmer" or agriculturalist.)

So, what about Ben? Benjamin is doing fantastic. He is just about 20 months old and his is officially a little boy. He loves to RUN-RUN-RUN, play with his cars and with any kind of ball. He constantly asks me to, "Go outside...PLEASE!". And, he is talking up a storm. His favorite book is currently, Danny and the Dinosaur and his Bible. Recently, one of the greatest blessings in my life has been to hear Ben ask to read his picture Bible, see him recognize Jesus and say things like, "Jesus is God". I know that he doesn't yet understand what he is saying, or have the presence of the Holy Spirit...but I think that God is trying to tell me that we are on the right track. As his mother I am constantly praying for wisdom - to raise him righteously. What an amazing responsibility it is to be a parent! It would be completely overwhelming if you didn't trust in the Lord.So, I mentioned that Dan and I have been working on some home improvement. Well, I'll conclude this blog with today's adventure. In the last few months we have become close with a family from our Sunday school class, the Locketts. Today, Dan and Landry Lockett "removed" a dead tree from our yard. Landry is an arborist and spent a summer or two up in trees with chainsaws. With their foot spikes and chainsaws handy, Landry and Dan "removed" this tree from our yard, while Piper and I watched with the kiddos from the safety of the house. It was amazing! 


I have to admit though, it was one of those times I needed Psalm 46:10! 



No comments:
Post a Comment