Monday, September 19, 2011

Our Cottage on the Lake

Hello Friends and Family! Folks have been curious about our new house in Northern New Jersey. In August we left West Point to start a new chapter of our lives in the civilian sector. Dan is working for Kraft Foods now and we moved out of Army housing. Until we decide where we are going to settle we are renting a home (I call it our cottage) on a lake - in beautiful, rural Northern New Jersey.Today we managed to get all of the boxes off of the first floor. They are either strategically hidden, or in the basement. So, I took some pictures of the layout of our place for folks far away who wanted to see. God has provided us with a home that is small, but sweet. And, big enough for us. It also has a new kitchen and colors that match our stuff - which is a nice bonus.
I have a couple of confessions to make as I blog. First, I was a big grumbler when we moved in and I'm not proud of my attitude. Even though we've moved a lot in the last five years I had forgotten how much work it is to set up a home. God led us to a GREAT home on a LAKE for us to live and play, and instead of being thankful I was a grump. Yeah, there was a hurricane the first week we got here and we lost power...but there wasn't any damage to our house or to us. God was (is) so good; I am sorry I was upset. And, I am grateful that Danny was patient with me. Now I am enjoying our home and thanking God daily for the blessings of living here.
The second confession I have to make is that I took all these pictures immediately after cleaning and picking up. Our home is usually "lived in", considering we have two small, active boys. And, I didn't take pictures of the bedrooms, basement or playroom...that is where all our toys and boxes are stashed.
A cute little note about our house. The boys room is currently painted a deep purple. Dan and I were prepared to paint it almost immediately, but Ben told us that he likes it. He thinks it is "beautiful". It completely clashes with all the blue, red, brown boy stuff, but we left it purple for Ben...for now.
Tonight I've posted pictures of the inside of our house. The best part of our house isn't the inside, but the location. In the next couple days I will try and post some fun pictures of the neighborhood and the fun creatures we've run into...
Upstairs is a bonus room where we have most of the toys (I call it Ben's clubhouse) and a futon for guests. It is nice to have space to store extras, and a space for Benjamin to play.
Right outside the sliding doors is a view of Harrison Mountain Lake. It is truly a beautiful place and I'm thankful we get to enjoy it for a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment