Sunday, September 8, 2013

Gideon's Crib - It's About Time!

 Our sweet boy is almost 11 months old and he finally got his own crib.  It's about time. To save space in New Jersey, Gideon slept in his pack-n-play.  When we moved to Kansas I had my heart set on a navy blue Jenny Lind style crib for the nursery.  However, that meant I had to find one and paint it.  It took longer than I thought, but I am happy with the results.  Gideon was pretty excited too!  (And, aren't his little teeth cute?)
 The final results!
 The before pictures. 
The crib required quite a bit of cleaning and preparation before I painted it.  I used a product called "Krud Kutter" that worked wonders. 
 I also managed to disassemble and reassemble all the hardware.  Which, if you know me, is an accomplishment.
 The giraffes approve!
 While I was searching Craigslist for the crib I found a similar style changing table.  It was my practice piece before I attempted the crib.  Gideon not only has furniture now, but a matching set.  He might be overwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment