
The Johnson family is home from Christmas in Connecticut and boy we had FUN! On our way to Connecticut we stopped at the Peabody Museum to look at some dinosaur bones. This was a museum that I visited frequently on school trips, etc., growing up. It is a great museum on the Yale University campus filled with other interesting exhibits besides dinosaurs, but the dinosaur floor was just perfect for the boys. (Translation - it held their attention for about an hour and then it was time to go.)

Ben with the Tyrannosaurus Rex skull. He wasn't as impressed as I thought he would be. Perhaps he needs to see the skull on an entire skeleton? I kept trying to show him how big the teeth were, and he responded, "Mama, they aren't that big." Okay Ben!

I don't know, is Ben saying, "CHHHEEEESSSEEE" or trying to smile like the T. Rex?

Andrew enjoyed his freedom from a stroller, and walked around all the exhibits. He took a couple steps from the displays to Mommy and Daddy. He is almost walking!

Ben in front of the Apatosaurus. One thing that has changed from my days at the Peabody Museum, when I visited this was called a Brontosaurus. Apparently that variety of dinosaur doesn't "exist" anymore. It is now called an Apatosaurus.

Personally I don't know what I believe in terms of where dinosaurs fall in the creation timeline. But what I do know is that God made these creatures and they are part of His wondrous plan. It was fun to show Ben the skeletons of these huge creatures, that are in so many of his books!
No comments:
Post a Comment