Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Anniversary Danny

On June 30th Danny and I celebrated our 8th Wedding Anniversary. (Don't we look young in this picture?!) Every anniversary has been special - except maybe those in Iraq - but this year our celebration was just a bit more romantic now that we are back at West Point. West Point is where we met, fell in love, enjoyed our first dates and ultimately Danny's proposal. In many ways it feels like home to be back.

To celebrate this year we returned to our favorite restaurant in town, a nice tavern called Painters. (Thank you Granny Lou for babysitting!) Painters makes the best nacho appetizer I have ever tasted. On one of our first dates Danny took me to Painters and introduced me to nachos. Believe it or not, before this date I had never tasted guacamole or refried beans. Can you imagine?

Many things have changed in the last 8 years, but I can still say I am married to my best friend. And, everyday I grow to appreciate and love him more.

Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For it they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up. Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm; but how can one be warm alone? Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

Ecclesiastes 4: 9-12

No comments:

Post a Comment