
God surprised me, and a few others, this year with an unusual October snowstorm. (I still look at these pictures in utter disbelief.) Our town in New Jersey
received 15 inches of wet, heavy snow a few days before Halloween. It was fun for awhile. Then the power went out - the house got chilly fast!

Ben and I played for awhile in the snow, making snowballs.

Now we are throwing the snowballs in the lake.

Checking out some of the trees bending over, covered in snow.

Cold forest!

The view from our deck the morning after the storm. Around us, throughout the night, huge branches and trees broke. You can see a bit of one that fell near our dock in the right-hand-corner. All-in-all we lost power for five days. Danny toughed it out at home, but the boys and I headed out to find power. We missed Daddy, but we ended up spending fun days with our friends and family. We were so grateful for their hospitality!
Today there isn't a speck of snow left in our yard.
Beautiful!!! Miss you guy and hope you make it back to texas sooner rather than later. :)
ReplyDelete